Resource management involving planning, organizing, scheduling and efficiently using:
- Installed Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Company Money and Investments
- Assist management in determining bid strategies and techniques, etc.
- Review contract documents and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Direct or participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings.
- Work with customers to lay out and design projects as required. Review, analyze and resolve
design conflicts. May assist the customer in the preparation of studies, recommendations, and
cost estimates. Visit the jobsite as required.
- Estimate project change orders as required.
- Prepare proposal letters and other correspondence to customers and others.
- Work with supervisor, engineers, architects, contractors and customer’s representatives as
needed to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Negotiate pricing with customers to maximize our company’s profit and our customers’
- Prepare specifications and drawings for suppliers and manufacturers. Prepare RFP’s; negotiate
pricing and delivery with suppliers; assist Purchasing Department to bid out projects.
- Review and evaluate contract for acceptability of terms and conditions.
- Write up complete bills of materials including terms and conditions and delivery schedule and
submit to Purchasing.
- Conduct pre-job meetings to discuss scope of work and labor schedule with field personnel.
- Coordinate with governmental agencies regarding codes, permits and other requirements as
- Issue subcontracts as needed.
- Prepare labor and material budgets. Obtain certificate of insurance and bonds as needed.
- Monitor job progress, including material delivery, labor scheduling and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct periodic construction coordination meetings with contractors and customers.
- Work with customers, engineers, contractors, management, and field supervision to resolve field
construction problems, as needed. Review and approve field design change requests and
negotiate pricing with customer.
- Provide Accounting with updated budgets and billing information, including schedules of value.
P.O. Box 338 • Kent, Washington 98035 • (253) 479-4000 • (253) 234-2900
- Maintain job files.
- Assign work to subordinates, direct and review their assignments and be responsible for accuracy
and completeness of their work.
- Perform other tasks as requested by management.
Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering (four years degree)
Five years minimum experience in construction industry as a project manager or field foreman.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction: technology, equipment, methods (including
national and local electrical codes, energy codes, scheduling and ordering processes).
- Basic working knowledge of all aspects of the electrical construction industry, from low voltage
cabling to high voltage distribution systems; current knowledge of codes.
- Working knowledge of standard construction contract law.
- Working knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues.
- Familiarity with engineering and costing issues related to electrical contracting.
- General knowledge of onsite safety requirements and procedures
- Strong ability to act as our company’s ambassador and diplomat.
- Ability to perform as a team player.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong ability to negotiate activities and pricing with other trades and customers.
- Ability to operate personal computers, calculators and other office equipment efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Strong estimating skills, including take-off, pricing, applying labor units, specification review and
- Ability to be enthusiastic, profit-oriented, persistent, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to maintain customer contact and develop long-term business customer relationships.
- Ability to encourage team ingenuity and imagination.
- Strong ability to increase job productivity by establishing proactive rather than reactive
- Ability to anticipate project events and situations, both good and bad.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate large scale projects according to company
policies, priorities and procedures.
- Ability to give substantial attention to detail, be accurate and thorough and to work under
- Ability to review contract wording and alert superior of questionable items.
- Ability to work independently to plan and accomplish tasks with no supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to use good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to read and write as required to complete estimates and related paperwork.
- Physical ability to sit at a computer terminal or desk for extended periods performing design,
research and documentation activities. Physical ability to travel between jobsites and perform inspections that may require repeated and extended standing, bending, stooping, climbing,
crawling and reaching over the head.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees,
customers and suppliers.
- Ability to attract and retain a client base.
$90,000 – $160,000
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with match
- EAP program
- Life insurance
- Secure parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to the right person; a competitive salary, full benefits package, and the added bonus of working for a multi-generation company who feels like family. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Download a copy of this job description.
To apply, please submit your current resume and cover letter.
Return to Careers