The Purchasing Coordinator is a significant player on our team. This position’s priority is to serve and support the purchasing needs of all departments so that they can operate effectively and efficiently, thus generating the largest possible profit for the team. The purchasing function must be implemented with the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and competency. Relationships with our suppliers must be based on mutual trust, excellent communications, and ethical conduct, all of which will lead to fair pricing, prompt delivery and the highest levels of quality and dependability of the goods and services the company purchases. The result of this desired relationship ensures fair and impartial dealings with our suppliers and the best value to our customers.
Position responsibilities include purchasing materials for projects, data entry of materials into APEX purchasing software, initiating communication with field foremen and project managers on all material issues, meeting the purchasing needs of projects within the scope of purchasing as defined by the project, project manager and/or field supervision.
- Experience with purchase orders and the purchase order process
- Apex Purchase software experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Must have strong working knowledge of electrical and data/comm industry and products
- Extensive knowledge of materials and supplies used in electrical contracting
- Specific local knowledge of lines and products of distributors
- Familiar with industry standards contract terms and conditions
- Familiar with the language and processes of purchase ordering, discounts, terms, dating, and aging.
- Must keep current with new materials and equipment.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and as a member of a team
- 5+ years of experience in the electrical and data/comm distribution sales required
- Issue and manage purchase orders for approved requisitions for Service Department.
- Input vendor invoices into the Apex Purchasing software
- Transfer invoices from Apex Purchasing System into the Accounting System and be able to compare purchase orders, prices, terms or payment and other charges in processing invoices
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services
- Consult with Project Managers, field personnel and vendors to obtain pricing, availability, delivery schedule of product or service information
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid sick leave
- Accrued paid vacation
- EAP program
- Life insurance
- Secure parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to the right person; a competitive salary, full benefits package, and the added bonus of working for a multi-generation company who feels like family. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Download a copy of this job description.
To apply, please submit your current resume and cover letter.
Return to Careers