Low Voltage Project Manager
- Review contract documents and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete service of project estimate.
- Prepare proposal letters and other correspondence to customers and others.
- Prepare specifications and drawings for suppliers and manufacturers. Prepare RFP’s; negotiate pricing and delivery with suppliers; assist Purchasing Department to bid out projects.
- Review and evaluate contract for acceptability of terms and conditions.
- Write up complete bills of materials including terms and conditions and delivery schedule and submit to Purchasing.
- Conduct pre-job meetings to discuss scope of work and labor schedule with field personnel.
- Coordinate with governmental agencies regarding codes, permits and other requirements as necessary.
- Issue subcontracts as needed.
- Prepare labor and material budgets. Obtain certificate of insurance and bonds as needed.
- Monitor job progress, including material delivery, labor scheduling and customer satisfaction. Conduct periodic construction coordination meetings with contractors and customer.
- Work with customers, engineers, contractors, management and field supervision to resolve field construction problems, as needed. Review and approve field design change requests and negotiate pricing with customer.
- Maintain job files.
- Assign work to subordinates, direct and review their assignments and be responsible for accuracy and completeness of their work.
- Perform other tasks as requested by management.
- Experience in a leadership role in the low voltage construction industry
- RCDD Certification is a plus-not required
- Knowledge of various low voltage systems and installation methods
- Working knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues.
- General knowledge of onsite safety requirements and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to negotiate activities and pricing with other trades and customers.
- Ability to operate personal computers, calculators, and other office equipment efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Estimating skills, including take-off, pricing, applying labor units, specification review and labor analysis.
- Strong ability to be enthusiastic, profit-oriented, persistent, self-motivated, and disciplined.
- Strong ability to maintain customer contact and develop long-term business customer relationships.
- Ability to encourage team ingenuity and imagination.
- Strong ability to increase job productivity by establishing proactive rather than reactive management methods.
- Ability to anticipate project events and situations, both good and bad.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate large scale projects according to company policies, priorities and procedures.
- Ability to give substantial attention to detail, be accurate and thorough and to work under pressure.
- Ability to review contract working and alert superior of questionable items.
- Ability to work independently to plan and accomplish tasks with no supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to use good judgement in decision making.
- Ability to read and write as required to complete estimates and related paperwork.
- Adequate hearing to effectively communicate by telephone, radio, etc. and hear alarms and other electronic devices.
- Correctable vision to read blueprints and develop detailed bid and construction documents both manually and by computer, maintain records and perform design and construction research.
- Physical ability to sit at a computer terminal or desk for extended periods performing design, research and documentation activities. Physical ability to travel between jobsites and perform inspections that may require repeated and extended standing, bending, stooping, climbing, crawling and reaching over the head.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees, customer and suppliers.
- Strong ability to act as our company’s ambassador and diplomat.
- Ability to perform as a team player.
$85,000 – $120,000 a year
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with match
- EAP program
- Life insurance
- Secure parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to the right person; a competitive salary, full benefits package, and the added bonus of working for a multi-generation company who feels like family. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit your current resume and cover letter.
Return to Careers